To sign in for the first time you should have a Google email account. To get it, click this link –> Google account

Friday, March 30, 2012

Hello dear participants,

My name is Cecile Bos from The Netherlands. Please use this name and not Jacqueline Maria (those are my other names). I think it's really great to exchange information on this blog before we see each other live in Romania!
I like to share these thoughts with you to begin with. I learned them from a friend who used to be a principal of the International School in Ghana (West-Africa) where I lived several years ago:
Nobody makes a mistake on purpose.
Mistakes are great platforms for learning.
Hope to stay in touch.
Warmest regards,

Cecile




3 comments:

  1. Your turtle – clumsy and slow on land but quick at sea – teaches a third lesson: provided proper circumstances, everybody is excellent at something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jukka for your quick reaction and for your effort in providing this Blog.
    Interesting to read about you and your motivation to join the visit. I ve never been to Romania: that ' s my motivation :)
    I teach Dutch as a second language for a while now and I am always looking for new strategies to develop quality in education by trying to think 'out of the box'.
    I discovered that my students are the source of inspiration and guide to reach this higher level in education.
    Pedagogical and didactic issues are as important as intuition and confidence. And the preparedness to learn from each other a very steady leadership.

    to be continued ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In 1983 I conducted an excursion of 137 Finnish math & science teachers to The Netherlands. We had a Finnish–Dutch pronunciation competition with our Dutch colleagues: Groningen, Rubens, Huygens versus Sibelius, Nurmi, Mannerheim. We won.

    It shall be interesting to find out, how different approaches we all 15 have to quality. I like your grass roots approach, starting from your own experience and building your leadership on intuition, confidence and benchmarking. In quality, bottom-up is often better than top-down.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.