Just a short message to begin with
Hello all the participants to the study visit.
I'm writing this evenig, by a beautiful starlit night, from the secondary school were I'm working (I sleep here on mondays, cause there are boarders I have to take care of).
I'm french and my english is not so good (perhaps because I'm french ? !!) so I didn't understand all the subtilities of all the messages... despite it was a pleasure to read your contributions and I find it's a great idea Jukka had to start this blog.
There are two months left to improve my english level and I' think the blog can help !
How can I introduce myself ?
For the second year, I'm the second principal of a secondary school of a small town in Auvergne, a rural country typicaly known for his volcanos (you can have a look to the picture below).
Before, I was teacher in primary schools. I was often in charge of public with special needs.
As I'm a new manager, I'm undergoing training, and the curiculum includes discovery of foreign educational systems.
That's why I applied for the visit.
Very happy to get to know you all better !
Fabrice

Welcome to the Blog, Fabrice! You write very good English! I took a look at your school house with Google Earth. Also tried to pinpoint the craters, but did not find them. To which direction from your school are they?
ReplyDeletePlease take a look at Study Visit 171 blog Link list. As you are currently undergoing training, do you find the contents of initial headteacher training of Sanja's workplace familiar? Are you going to be trained according to a similar schedule?
Sorry Jukka, I tought I answered a long time ago !
ReplyDeleteThe volcanos are about 50 kms west from my school, near the big city Clermont Ferrand, latitude 45,78, longitude 2,97 : you cas see the link below
http://maps.google.fr/?ll=45.7777,2.976608&spn=0.067405,0.154324&t=h&z=13
These volcano range is called "La chaîne des Puys", it's a very young volcano range and the most recent eruption was about 6000 years ago, that is to say yesterday regarding to the earth age. Fortunately, I live far from them and can sleep like a baby !!
Let me see about Sanja's workplace and I'll answer you soon.
I've just read about the NSLE program for initial headteacher training and really found a lot of common characteristics.
ReplyDeleteIn France, you have to pass an exam to become headmaster of a secondary school.
After that, the training lasts one year and includes three different schedules :
-3 big meetings of 250 of us in the "French Superior Educational School" dedicated by the Ministry of Education for the ongoing training of all kind of managers (Inspectors, principals...). These meetings last 3 or 4 days and are about management, leadership, decision making, human resources... The main time is conference, but every day some workshops, role playing and case studies are proposed in small groups
-small meetings of the local laureates (about 25 persons), organised by the Local Educational Authority. We deal with finance, organisation, legislation and so on... during one day.
-3 training courses : one in a private company, one in another public institution and one abroad to discover another educational system. Each trainig course lasts one week.
As you can see, during the first year, we get about 70 days of training, and now... I'm ready for the struggle ; - ))