To sign in for the first time you should have a Google email account. To get it, click this link –> Google account

Monday, April 2, 2012

Hello everybody from Slovenia


Hello,
My name is Sanja Gradišnik and I come from Slovenia. I also think that this is a great opportunity to know each other before we will see in Romania.
At the beginning, I will tell you something about me. I don’t have so many experiences like Mr. Jukka O. Mattila.
I studied mathematics and engineering at Faculty of Education at University in Ljubljana. I started working in a primary school in 2007, where I was teaching mathematics and engineering. One year later I graduated. I also decided to continue my studies, so I enrolled for a course at International School for Social and Business Studies. I would like to finish this study in this year.
In 2009 I changed my job. One day something unusual happened: my professor of management in educational organization invited me to work at National School for Leadership in Education. At the beginning I thought he was joking, but then I realised that he was completely serious. So I decided to change my job. I wanted to do other interesting things. So from 2009 till now I work at National School for Leadership in Education. First I worked only in the office, mostly on researches. But then I started giving lectures on a four-year-long national project (training for self-evaluation). The project entitled Designing and introducing a quality assurance system in schools in Slovenia is in progress in the period between 2008 and 2014.
I am also involved in a project called Learning to learn (funded from European social fund). I am a lecturer and have workshops on this theme (deep and shallow learning, motivation, relationship between teacher and student, team working ext.) on different schools. I work and run workshops with the various head teachers.  

Kind regards.

5 comments:

  1. Sanja, thank you for your contribution! For me it sounds you have a dream job: leadership, self-evaluation, quality assurance etc! I Googled your National School for Leadership in Education (NSLE) and, luckily, found a lot in English language. Could you provide some specific link for additional information about NSLE and its activities?

    Due to visiting Ljubljana and meeting some Slovenian people, I have very positive feelings about Slovenia (although I do not know much about the country). Your message was still another positive impulse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, thank you for your quick answer.

    We are still preparing English version. So there you can’t see all activities, which NSLE have. Our ordinary activity is a programme Headship Licence Program, which is obligatory by Low for all future headteachers/school directors. It is a one year programme, with 144 contacts hours and intermediate work of participants. On that link you can read more: http://www.solazaravnatelje.si/eng/index.php@showid=106.html.

    If you need some specific information (about project or some other activities we have) please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited the site you gave. Sounds extensive and thorough! About mentoring: do the headteachers (on the first year or later) have a possibility to visit each others' schools (just visiting or job shadowing)? Is there a possibility to visit for a while another school of the same level, teach there, return back and thus gain experience from another teaching & learning environment?

      Delete
    2. Sorry for my late answer, but I really didn't have time. I received the booklet you sent to me. I read it and it sounds very interesting. Please let me now, where can I get or read more information about that.

      About mentoring: Mentors and mentees have meetings only in our classrooms, where they discuss about planning (development plan and annual plans), leading staff (motivation and conflict resolution), legislation and managing teacher performance (linking individual and organisational development). They meet five times during the first year as a group in order to avoid too strong inter-dependency. Later, they agree upon the number of face-to-face meetings. Visiting each other’s schools is not provided.

      I am going on holiday tomorrow and I will return home in May. I hope I will have more time, when I will come back.

      Warmes regards,
      Sanja

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately there is no more information about the booklet, than the English language pages of it. Anyway, I hope you received an idea of sharing good practices!

    Have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.